• 39-6-1
  • 39-6-2

Ortigosa de Cameros

6 · The chapel of Saint Lucía

Just after arriving in Ortigosa and built on the ravine, we find the chapel devoted to Saint Lucía. It was also renovated and enclosed with an ironwork fence by the Unión Otigosana collective and the De la Riva family, between 1910 and 1917.
It is a XVIII construction, it maintains the traces of previous centuries and it was devoted to Saint Lucía, although there were carvings of Saint Anthony and Saint Roque.
This space is used as a showroom and has gathered annually a collection of Camerano ethnography that the people from Ortigosa fondly remember.

Villages and Landscapes of the Camero Nuevo. La Rioja