Village located on the N-111 road. It has a longitudinal farmhouse that follows the route. Its parish church is devoted to the Assumption of the Virgin.
Continuing the way that starts on the road and divides the houses, we can take a path that ascends to the Cueva de Castañares de las Cuevas Castle, declared as BIC. It is an old semi excavated defensive building, located in an area where there are many caves. The spot is spectacular.
The place is located in a private property that was an entailed state, whose heirs were the Counts of Hervías, who sold it in 1830 to the Albarellos family.